On Saturday 14 October, racing royalty, style icon, and media personality Kate Waterhouse will join the Australian Turf Club family at the inaugural TAB Everest Day at Royal Randwick.
With a prize pool of over $10 million, the TAB Everest claims the title of being the richest race in the world on turf. Twelve slots have been sold through an expression of interest, entitling the owner of the slot an entry in the field. Kate has a personal tie to the day, with her mother Gai’s horse English picked as a front runner for the sprint.
Race-goers will be invited to a one-off Australian performance by global chart-topping star Jason Derulo in the Theatre of the Horse following the conclusion of the last race. Punters will also be treated to Australian ARIA Award-winner Samantha Jade singing the national anthem ahead of the big race.
Kate will model a new white look for world-first Unpredictaheel’s – a shoe designed to prepare her for the unexpected this Sydney Spring Carnival – for the final time. E! Host Ksenija Lukich, FOX Sports presenter Abbey Gelmi and Sydney style icon Carissa Walford have also flaunted their own Unpredictaheel’s throughout Sydney Spring Carnival.
The TAB Everest
Saturday 14 October 2017
Photo call with Kate Waterhouse, Jason Derulo and additional talent: 3:00pm
National Anthem sung by Samantha Jade: 4.05pm
The TAB Everest Race: 4.15pm
Jason Derulo performs: 6:00pm
Royal Randwick, Randwick
Interviews available with:
- Kate Waterhouse – who can talk to The Everest and Gai’s involvement in the race, and her top racing fashion tips
- Jeffrey Lemon, Australian Turf Club Head of Commercial – to talk to The TAB Everest, Sydney Spring Carnival and the Unpredictaheel’s unique features
The TAB Everest details:
- The TAB Everest will be run at Royal Randwick racecourse over 1200 metres for the first time on 14 October 2017and thereafter on the second Saturday of October each year
- The TAB Everest will be unique in Australian racing in that the race will be open to local and international buyers to purchase a place (slot) in the race at a price of $600,000
- The prize money pool is to be fully-funded from subscribers and additional revenues generated from the event
The TAB Everest slot holders:
- English – Tabcorp
- Chautauqua – Part-owner Greg Ingham
- Vega Magic – Max Whitby
- Redzel – James Harron Bloodstock
- Redkirk Warrior – The Star Entertainment Group
- Clearly Innocent – Damion Flower
- Deploy – Chris Waller Racing
- Fell Swoop – William Inglis & Son
- Brave Smash – Australian Turf Club
- She will reign – Yu Long Investments
- Houtzen – Aquis Farm
- Tulip – Coolmore
- DanceSupport – Comfortable heel padding while dancing to live music
- StyleSwitch – Various shoe accessories for different race looks – i.e. a gold detail for Moët & Chandon Spring Champion Stakes Day which can then be switched to white accessories for The TAB Everest
- MembersPass – an RFID chip within the Unpredictaheel that you tap to allow access into VIP sections
- BetGuide – Directs the wearer from anywhere within the Carnival to the betting ring via left or right turn pulsing notifications.
- TrackSide – Thick heel allowing wearer to walk effortlessly across grass and raises the height of the wearer to get a better view of the action
- RaceAlert – Alerts the wearer two minutes before each race starts via vibrating soles
- Kick&Pay – Payment chip that uses the same technology as a credit card, concealed in the upper sole of the Unpredictaheel to allow the wearer to pay for goods and services via PayPass
- Tap&Go – Click your heels three times like Dorothy to book your ride home